The Roanoke (VA) Alumni Chapter was established on June 3, 1950, with J. Douglas Serrell as Polemarch, Charles L . Price as Vice Polemarch, A.E. Telle as Keeper of Records, W.E. Jones as Keeper of the Exchequer, George C. Law as Strategus, Leroy Johnson as Lieutenant Strategus, Nathaniel Anderson as Historian, and Bernard Brown as Reporter.
Kappa Alpha Psi had a viable presence in Roanoke for more than a decade. Then due to loss of several members through transfers to other areas of the state, the chapter became inactive.
As more Kappas came to the Roanoke Valley, there was enough momentum for reactivation of the chapter. In the meantime the Charter could not be located which made it necessary for the brothers to petition the Grand Chapter to provide a duplicate charter which was received in the 1960s.
Roanoke (VA) Alumni Chapter Charter Members
- Nathaniel W. Anderson (Initiated on January 12, 1940 – Alpha Tau Chapter, Bluefield State University)
- Bernard J. Brown (Initiated on April 17, 1947 – Alpha Tau Chapter, Bluefield State University)
- Leroy Johnson, Jr. (Initiated on November 17, 1940 – Alpha Tau Chapter, Bluefield State University)
- Dr. Williams L. Jones (Initiated on May 12, 1933 – Alpha Iota Chapter, Morgan State University)
- George C. Law (Initiated on October 17, 1931 – Epsilon Chapter, Lincoln University)
- Charles L. Price (Initiated on May 7, 1949 – Alpha Phi, Virginia State University)
- James Douglas Serrell (Initiated on April 28, 1928 – Alpha Delta Chapter, Fisk University)
- A.E. Telle (Alpha Kappa Chapter, N.C. State University)
Notable Chapter Awards and Achievements
- 1999 Eastern Province Small Chapter Growth Award (April 3, 1999)